What in the world are these things?

sandman

Reefing newb
I have 3 things I need help identifying in my tank..
first one looks like a small egg with tan lines on it.
second one it these small stick looking thing about a cm long
other looks like a clam or something like that on the heater.

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 389
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 826
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 451
I'm worried about what the first thing is. It looks like a very small about a pencil tip big tan with darker tan lines on it. I have seen 2 or 3 on my sandbed.

The second is like a very small line, kind of like the size of a hyphen mark. This morning I aw a pile of these around the emerald crab's home...maybe it was his turds?

3 appears to be these clams looking things and I have seen about 3 or 4 smaller one.. Where do they come from?

first is money cowrie can eat some reef species its 50 50 with em i say 2nd is a type of non moving snail 3rd is s type of sponge that forms from ur water

The first one could be a cowrie but im not sure, the shape resembles an olive from the genus Oliva or Olivella, the cowries are a bit more rounder than the one on the pic. If the snail, when it gets out of the shell, surrounds the shells with his body almost entirely then the odds are that it is cowrie. The second one looks like crap, maybe hermit poop, and the third is an ark from the family Arcidae, maybe Barbatia tenera??? Arks are filter feeders so, they are good for your aquarium.

Back