what is it?

Marines_Wife

Reef enthusiast
Sooooooooo hubby broke the rule and bought me something....I have NO idea what it is. help

nem.jpg

Looks like seabea nem, i would return it. They require very high lighting conditions and better than perfect water conditions which are extremely hard to get in newer tanks. And if they die, they can nuke everything in your tank.

There are some nems that you could try in a young tank, but seabeas are not one of them. If you absolutely must have a nem, i would try a bubble tip or condy.

There are some nems that you could try in a young tank, but seabeas are not one of them. If you absolutely must have a nem, i would try a bubble tip or condy.
Trust me, it was not an absolute must have. I wanted a purple BTA first. But my husband loves to make me happy and when he bought it well.....

He was being sweet, he gets major props for that :)

I gave my boyfriend a list of things that are approved for the tank, so for any gift giving occasion or just for fun he knows what is ok to get.

man yall are lucky my GF think i have an addiction and is actually trying to wean me off my tank ....haha ask her how well thats going

He was being sweet, he gets major props for that :)

I gave my boyfriend a list of things that are approved for the tank, so for any gift giving occasion or just for fun he knows what is ok to get.
I will do that in the future, he just knows how happy my tank makes me and wanted to help, so I love him for that....he also drove 2 hours with a screaming baby in the car to get it for me so returning it.....I dk, breaking his heart is NOT something I can do. So here goes the crash course....

Seriously, you should just return it. It is not worth the heartache if your entire tank crashes. It might be a bit embarrassing for him, but how much worse is he going to feel if it kills everything?

My boyfriend pretends that he doesnt like the tank at all, yet he was crying when we almost lost a clown fish . . .

haha sounds like my GF also lol

GF " you have an addiction...OMG whats wrong with simba(our lionfish)"
me "um nothing he just doesnt like you"

If it starts getting pale and white, I'd worry. Otherwise, I'd just keep an eye on it, and try to keep the water conditions optimal. Oh yeah, and I guess you have to feed him too.

Ok,
Called the LFS, they do not do refunds or returns. Not that I want a refund but anyhow.....
A few of my friends who have been in this hobby for years and years are helping me out here...The lighting I have is good for it, now I just need to worry about the water. My water consistently tests perfect however now I am paranoid. Lets hope I can do something for it wish me luck...

What usually takes them out is a sudden swing in parameters, which are more common in newer tanks than established ones.

And remind me, what lighting do you have?

What usually takes them out is a sudden swing in parameters, which are more common in newer tanks than established ones.

And remind me, what lighting do you have?
Oh trust me...I know. but if the LFS wont take him Im a bit screwed. I think I will see if anyone with a better tank can do it.
I have a 24'' Sunpod...I cant remember the specs let me see if I can find it

Trust me. Im trying. Its very difficult to be tactful with your spouse who is so proud doing something nice for you and give it away.....
*sigh*
damn sexual politics

Back