What Is It?

amonya

Reefing newb
I KNOW I NEED A PICTURE BUT MAYBE SOMEONE WILL KNOW BY MY DISCRIPTON ( I DOUGHT)OK IT SEEMS TO BE NOCTURNAL (SEEMS)ITS SOME TYPE OF SNAIL OR SOMETHING THAT MUST OF CAME FROM THE LIVE ROCK MAYBE BUT ITS EATING ALLEGE OF THE GLASS LAST TIME I SEEN IT.ITS ABOUT A INCH WIDE ITS CIRCULAR AND IT LOOKS LIKE A SHELL THAT COVERS IT COMPLETELY THE SHELL IS THE INTERESTING PART IT LOOKS SOMEWHAT LIKE A SPIDER WEB AND ITS WHITE OR BROWNISH WHITE AND THATS IT FOR THAT ONE I ALSO HAVE A SNAIL THAT CAME WITH THE ROCK ALSO BUT SMALLER IN SIZE AND IT LOOKS LIKE IT DOSENT HAVE A SHELL ANY IDEAS .THE LAST ONE IS A STAR FISH I'VE SEEN THIS ONE BEFORE BUT IT SEEMS LIKE ITS HAVEN BABYS AND I DONT WANT THAT IF ITS THE TYPE THAT EATS CORAL(MOST LIKELY)ALSO MUST HAVE CAME WITH THE ROCKS SO ANY IDEAS BECAUSE IM OUT OF THEM.SOMEONE HAS TO HAVE HAD THESE BEFORE IM SURE . :helm2: :helm2: :helm2:

Just a guess here the star is probley a brittle star.A good guy eats detris and left over tidbits.The might be some kind of hydroid(may maynot be ok or some kind copepod(these are ok)

the first one sounds like a limpet or chiliton(i'm not sure how to spell it) usually harmless algae eaters. the other without the shell is very similer but i can't remember what their called. i've had both types in my reef and they never went on corals or anything but glass and rock eating algae. the star fish you'll need to give a better discription colors/how the arms meet the body ect. look in the books while your at the lfs one day

ThankS everyone for the guesses im going to taKe the star fishes out next time i see them dont want them stumbling opon something that taste good like my CORAL.DONT SEE WHY I SHOULD TAKE THE CHANCE YEA KNOW.

Back