What Is My Live Rock Worth?

Yup - $220 today.

I've still got 4 decent sized rocks in the tank that will fetch between $20 - $50 each. :bounce:

I already took all my nice corals out of the tank and put them in the 29g frag tank.

I'm probably selling the stuff too cheap, but I got my mind made up and I'm either tearing this tank down and going bigger - or I'm rebuilding this tank with a dedicated sump and nothing but STUPID expensive LPS corals. Either way - rebuild or go bigger - I need to get rid of this rock and start fresh with clean rock.

EDIT:
So far - I think the answer to my question is --- about $400 - $500. LOL

Last edited:
More like 2.5yrs work. :shock: My poor 30g tank looks nekkid now. I haven't seen that white wall behind the tank in over 2.5yrs.

Attachments

• IMG_4079.JPG
    IMG_4079.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:
That little b* stard must have bit me 50 times today. :grumble:

He's gonna be in for a shock when he lands in the frag tank with Marty .... the 3-stripe damsel.

I'd bite you too if you were stealing everything out of my house. Your lucky he didn't have a gun.

Well, I still have about 25lbs of rock in the 30g tank. Need to get rid of it first.

I'm moving in 2 months, so will probably just empty the 30g display for now and put all remaining livestock in the 29g frag. It's hard enough to move one tank. My 29g frag system is actually 3 tanks. Tank 29g - sump 20L - fuge 20H :shock: That's gonna be fun.

I might actually go bigger. We've decided to move into a house and get out of this apartment, so I may have more room for a larger tank. Still got that scratched up 90g tank in my bedroom. I might be able to polish that and set up a medium tank in the house.

Mainly focused on draining the 30g display right now.

More buyers on the way!! :bounce:

Quick! Whats this worth? I don't have an actual pic of the frag. This is the mother colony.

The frag has 1 head about 3/4 inch across and 2 babies about 3/8 inch across.

I'm thinking $20. ??

Attachments

• PIC_0031.jpg
    PIC_0031.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:
Blastos typically sell for around $10 a polyp around here, so I'd say $20 for 3 heads is a good price. I love blastos, btw. My favorite LPS ever. Hint hint.

Just trying to thin the herd a bit. I want to get rid of these beginner corals and get the rocks/corals from the 30g display completely sold and then drain it.

Back