what is the bewst type of aneneme to get for a 28 gal tank

joshuashih1

Seahorse Owner
what is the bewst type of aneneme to get for a 28 gal tank that has 1 yellow wrass 1 clownfish 1 hecter goby 1 longnose hawkfish 2 pepermint shrimp and lots of snails and hermet crabs

I have 2 50/50 smart lamps but if I need to get anything more then I will but I have hardly any room mabye even less then half an inch

You need stronger light than that for an anemone. They require more light than most corals. Also they require pristine water conditions -- nitrates, ammonia and nitrites at zero. They are very difficult animals to keep and are not for beginners or new tanks. Usually it's recommended that you have your tank established for at least a year before adding them.

What happened to your coral beauty? Did it die?

This is the same tank that has tons of algae problems, which means your water parameters are sub-par for keeping an anemone.

that dose not say that its been setup for 1 month it means I have been doing it for 1 month I the tank has been under someone els for almost a year and then I just took over

Hey so what did happen to your coral beauty? If you can't keep the animals you have already alive, why are you even thinking of getting more (expert only, more difficult) animals?

You know, sometimes the only way we learn in this hobby is through experience. Joshua, if you think you can keep an anemone alive and have done your research to confirm that you have the right type of environment (lights, water parameters, etc) in your tank to meet the needs of an anemone, then I think you should try it.

He clearly doesn't have the right type of environment. He has been told by multiple people that his lights aren't strong enough. We all know his water parameters are not good. And he can't keep his other animals alive.

Everyone here also knows that he is going to do what he wants, regardless of the answers he gets to his questions, and more animals will end up dying, because that is what has resulted from the other threads he has posted. Remember, he is the one that said everyone's advice "did not apply" to him. That's not "trying by experience". That's being arrogant, selfish, ignorant, thoughtless and cruel. People like that shouldn't be in this hobby, and someone needs to cut off this little kid's allowance until he learns that living creatures should be treated with respect and taken care of, instead of treated like a disposable toy.

Last edited:
He clearly doesn't have the right type of environment. He has been told by multiple people that his lights aren't strong enough. We all know his water parameters are not good. And he can't keep his other animals alive.

Everyone here also knows that he is going to do what he wants, regardless of the answers he gets to his questions, and more animals will end up dying, because that is what has resulted from the other threads he has posted. Remember, he is the one that said everyone's advice "did not apply" to him. That's not "trying by experience". That's being arrogant, selfish, ignorant, thoughtless and cruel. People like that shouldn't be in this hobby, and someone needs to cut off this little kid's allowance until he learns that living creatures should be treated with respect and taken care of, instead of treated like a disposable toy.

Bears repeating.

I know Biff. I am just so sick of all of the people lately who come here asking for advice, don't bother doing any research on their own, and then get mad when they are told they shouldn't put x-y-z in their tank and do it anyway. I wholeheartedly DO NOT endorse him putting an anemone in his tank. But like you said, he's gonna do it anyway and nuke his whole tank when it dies.

Like others have said, the answer to this question is none. From your other threads it's obvious you're having issues.

If you can't keep a coral beauty alive, you have no business keeping an anemone. You do realize that when they die, they can take everything else in the tank with them right? Also, your lights aren't strong enough

And he keeps adding shrimp, and his hawkfish keeps eating them, even though we have all told him that YES, THE HAWKFISH WILL EAT SHRIMP!!

Honestly, why even bother posting here since you ignore every bit of advice you are given? It is wasting everyone's time.

And he keeps adding shrimp, and his hawkfish keeps eating them, even though we have all told him that YES, THE HAWKFISH WILL EAT SHRIMP!!

Honestly, why even bother posting here since you ignore every bit of advice you are given? It is wasting everyone's time.

Maybe he's trying to find the magic shrimp that will get along with the fish that snacks on them

Are your nitrates Zero? If not your nem will look fine then BAM dead.

And its not just are your nitrates zero now, but have they been holding at zero for months? Joshua, part of the reason you need to have an established tank is that nems can't handle fluxuations in parameters, temp, salinity, etc.

Back