What is this and is it reef safe?

Djfrank

Reefing newb
Hello Guys I've been finding these critters all over my live rock and sandbed in my 100 gal aquarium. Could you folks help me identify it and if harmfull suggest a remedy to get rid of them. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 517
These critters are snail/slug like creatures all over my sandbed and liverock. I have a soft coral reef tank and these things got me worried.

They look like flat worms. It seems like something that isn't horrible in small proportions, but you have quite an outbreak. Research flatworms to see that you think...there are a lot of contradictory opinions out there, but also some products to rid your tank of them too!

They're flatworms.
Get yourself some flatworm exit and dose the tank. Siphon out as many as you can and then do a big water change since they release toxins as they die.

They've got you covered...I got rid of all of mine by siphoning most of them with a turkey baster and then using flatworm exit.

I controlled them by just siphoning...it takes daily siphoning but after about 3 days you start to see a real reductuion, then BAMMO!!!! They are gone....If you have a piece of rigid airline tube just connect it to a length of soft airline, then siphon to your sump with a filter sock or even the foot out of a sheer stocking on the end of the siphon in the sump and just siphon til the cows come home!!!!

Back