What is this ???? Film on rocks

Civicdemon

Go Big Or Go Home !
So I have this weird fill on my rocks, I don't think its dinos couse its super clear but looks kinda snotty and waves in the water, it only seems to be on the bottom of my rocks and I have none visible where there is light. that makes me think its not dinos also. anyways here a little video. this stuff was not there a couple days ago so I don't know what it is. nothing has really changed in my tank lately other than some test results im trying to figure out but nothing really off except MG according to test.

anyways heres the vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6FO0IB8G5Q

it also just seems to be growing under the rocks. anyways any help would be good .

They could be bacterial blooms.
They come and go, depending on the presence of nutrients that they feed on.

Are you doing any type of carbon dosing?

Yeah its weird. its on a lot of my rock but just on the bottom, and that I think about it I have seen it before on the inside of empty shells at times. I wonder if it will go away. And wonder what it is. I got my baister and was trying to blow it away and it would not blow off the rock. hu it has me wondering now.

No carbon doising but now that you mention it I did just replace all my carbon recently with new fresh carbon. usually I do it 2 bags at a time but this time I did all my bags at the same time.

Is it a good thing or bad ???

Might also be my bio pellet reactor but that has ben on the system for some time now, so im thinking it might be the change in the carbon since I did it all at ones. But still no 100% sure.

Actually not stairs but was outside chaising my tham dogs around for a bit lol. But I am asthmatic so I do breath heavy lol.

Back