what is this fish?

sankhamg

Reefing newb
I just got this fish from a friend and I got no idea what it is. Does anyone know any infor about these guys? thank you. :)

Attachments

• IMG_1280[1].jpg
    IMG_1280[1].jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 302
No wonder my dancing shrimps went missing :( Now I have to come up with a plan to catch it!

Sorry to hear that, he's definitely the culprit. Probably thought he was in paradise with that nice snack. Sounds like he's headed to a new home already! Hawkfish are definitely one that you need to be careful with in a reef tank, for the sake of inverts and your other fish. They are cute but not always the best choice. Another good reason to always do your research before adding a new fish. Good luck catching the bugger!

Yep, my falco hawkfish has never messed with shrimp. It will have a go at any new hermits I add to the tank. He is good for killing a few hermits but then leaves them alone. It is pretty cool watching him grab it by the legs and beating the shell on the side of a rock until he pulls it out:mrgreen:

Yep, my falco hawkfish has never messed with shrimp. It will have a go at any new hermits I add to the tank. He is good for killing a few hermits but then leaves them alone. It is pretty cool watching him grab it by the legs and beating the shell on the side of a rock until he pulls it out:mrgreen:

Oh crap! only when you said I realized I haven't seen any of my hermits recently! I guess they are gone too! :(

Ahhh! So funny, I was just scoping this fish on saltwaterfish.com a few days ago, I totally want one now. You don't live in Ohio by any chance do you?

Back