What is this on my coral

AdamC

Reefing newb
I cant determine what this is on my coral, and I want to make sure I know before I open it up to my water. Its acclimating right now.

One looks like a flatworm the other looks like a snail? Any thoughts or ideas!!???
I don't have any dip either :frustrat:

Attachments

• mystery.jpg
    mystery.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 274
I'd dip your coral in CoralRx before you add it to your tank. The first one looks like a snail but I can't tell about the second one. I think you'll be okay if you dip it first.

The snail thing is a stomatella snail, which is a good guy. They are very common hitch hikers. The other one -- I can't see it clearly enough to say. Sorry. :(

I went to the lfs and was able to get some dip. Probably not the best dip and its not something I want to do. But that was the dirtiest piece of coral I have ever gotten from saltwaterfish. Had a ton of worms that jumped off. Looked to be mostly bristle but there was something else in the bucket.

You should dip all corals before you add them to your tank -- no matter where you get them from. There are a lot of diseases and pests that hitch hike in on corals, and you usually can't see them until they get out of control in your tank.

Back