What is this ring around the eye

jswinberlin

Reefing newb
Last night I noticed my coral beauty has a ring around one of his eyes. I think I posted something somewhere here, but it was late and I can't find it now so please excuse for duplicate post. Anyway, I set up a 10 gallon quarantine and have medicated with melafix and API stress coat plus. I don't know what it is or how to treat it. This is the first time I've set up a quarantine and any input is greatly appreciated. My QT consists of just a hang on the back filter with no carbon, a heater and a bubble stone. I took 10 gallons from my display tank. I just have a 60 watt incandescent light for day and night cycle. Some of my questions are: Is there anything my QT is missing or is there anything I should eliminate? Is the melafix and stress coat the right solution? How often/much water change should I do? Can anyone identify what the illness is?
2013-12-02 17.08.33.jpg
2013-12-02 17.11.30.jpg

I can't really tell.

However if Kyle is correct in that his eye is popping out, then there are a few causes.
1) Physical damage. He banged his eye while chasing something. Time will heal it.

2) Poor water conditions. Keep up water changes, find out what is causing the poor water, fix it. Eventually the water will get in a decent range and time will heal it.

3) Disease. Usually caused by poor water and stress weakening the immune system. Might need medication to heal it. Reducing the stress and keeping might allow it to heal on its own.

More information is needed.
Water parameters
Tank mates
Anything else you might think would be helpful.

Back