What Is This?

Rcpilot

Reef enthusiast
:shock:

See the worm behind the mushroom? Sorry it's blurry. Keep watching, you can see it reach out and grab a piece of algae and pluck it off. It's gotta be at least 4" long. It lives in a hole on the other side of that rock. It looks like an earthworm with a funny little jaw or mouth on the end. It's not spiny or hairy looking. Very smooth texture and brownish/tan in color.

:shock:

Just so your not bored watching the whole 1:10 minute video (minute and 10 seconds) All the action is in the first 30 seconds and the last 6 seconds. Fast forward if needed.

Video of Worm - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I'll try to get a more clear video if needed.

Last edited:
Yeah it's creepy as hell. I thought it might be taking whacks at that green stripe mushroom, but as I continued to watch I saw that it's just eating algae.

I'm charing the batts on the video camera. That last video was from my Canon digital camera.

I'll try and get a better video tonight.

That's friggin' scary. :shock:

Mine doesn't look like that--not exactly. But, it's a pretty big worm for my tank. I know where it lives--what hole it lives inside. The one in my tank doesn't have any bristles. It just looks like an earthworm with a funky head.

I think I'll monitor it and see if it prefers the algae as it's primary diet. It didn't seam to mess with my green stripe mushrooms last night. Actually "sniffed" the mushroom and went right past it for the algae. If it eats algae and detritus--it can stay. First time it takes a bite outta one of my corals--I'll have to snag it and send it to a horrible death down the garbage disposal--or I could blenderize it and feed it to the fishies. :mrgreen:

Protein shake, anyone?

pulled one of those worms kinda similar, mine looked like a grey bristle worm about 10 inches long, bad thing is there is still one more in my tank to catch.

Rc I've got a bunch of those worms.There Peanut worms I think.

Just think,Thake that 7 foot worm and rig em up on a texas rig.:mrgreen:

We call that kind of rig "The Walleye Slayer" in Colorado. :mrgreen: They practically jump in the boat.

Maybe I should fatten him up for the spring walleye season? Lace him up in a Slayer rig and troll around in 4' of water. Here fishy, fishy ..... :sfish:

We call that kind of rig "The Walleye Slayer" in Colorado. :mrgreen: They practically jump in the boat.

Maybe I should fatten him up for the spring walleye season? Lace him up in a Slayer rig and troll around in 4' of water. Here fishy, fishy ..... :sfish:

Dip it in some zoe with garlic and prepare to load the boat:mrgreen:

Back