What is this?

LBFish

Reefing newb
This is a small cluster of clear/green balloon on a stem looking things. There are several small clusters of these in the tank. The cluster pictured is perhaps slightly larger than a pencil eraser.

Attachments

• DSC02783.jpg
    DSC02783.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 267
bubble algae, DON'T POP IT !!! it will spread, can you remove the rock to get it off or it could be calupra micro algae??

Either grape caulerpa or bubble algae. Either way, you should remove it by hand. You can take tweezers and gently pull at the tendrils to release it from the rock. Like imdaring said, don't pop them in the tank -- that will release spores into the water.

If you get an emerald crab, they will usually eat that crap up.

It looks like Bubble Algae to me

I have some of this growing on some of my rock and to ne honest i quite like it but will keep an eye on it with regards to spreading

I haven't worried about it too much, I usually just suck it out during water changes and it works great. But I do agree, they are kinda cool :)

I have the exact same thing in my tank. But it's been there for almost 3 months now and hasn't changed at all. Dunno what it is, but it's not doing anything good/bad so I'm not too worried about it.

Back