What is this ???

He has upset me in the past with purchases I've made. But, he is right up the street from me. There is no other store unless I go to a commercial store like Jack's Aquarium. I'll see if he makes this right. If not, I will probably go back to Jack's. We have been very loyal customers to him.

That aint no excuse in my book.
At the store I help at,we make sure its first come first served no matter what.It dont matter how many people are in there,we make sure that every question gets answered and everybody that buys something completely understands the care of the animals they get.Yes it makes for a long day sometimes and some customers get ill at us.But they keep coming back.:D

I like my LFS because they do this. I dont mind waiting to get helped... just lets me look at the tanks longer :mrgreen:

It's a ploy to get you to buy more .... lol I don't mind waiting either. And it is a small business. And a small store. And I like the guy. Hopefully, he'll make it right.

Honestly, it's okay if it's not a flame scallop anyways. Those things don't live long in captivity. Their life span in our tanks is a couple of months at the most. And that's if you're lucky. I really don't think they should be sold in this hobby at all, because we haven't quite figured out how to meet their needs in our tanks to ensure their survival. I just don't see the point in spending money on something that you know is going to die in a few weeks.

Honestly, it's okay if it's not a flame scallop anyways. Those things don't live long in captivity. Their life span in our tanks is a couple of months at the most. And that's if you're lucky. I really don't think they should be sold in this hobby at all, because we haven't quite figured out how to meet their needs in our tanks to ensure their survival. I just don't see the point in spending money on something that you know is going to die in a few weeks.

I did not know that. Thanks Biff. I just wanted one cause they are pretty. And cheap ...

Well crap, now I don't know what to do. He emailed me and said he has some flame scallops in. Should I just keep the clam or exchange it for the scallop ?

It is definitely not a Flame Scallop unless it has or is in the process of dying and has receded into its shell. Biff is right on the care and lifespan of Flames however. If you are sure it is alive and opening and closing, I would keep it. Cleaner clams tend to outlast Flames, at least in my experience.

I think I'd just keep the one you've got.You'll waste more than 6 dollars worth of gas just driving to the LFS to exchange it.Unless of course you want to go buy something else.:D

Thanks everyone. I'll just keep it. The Flame is pretty, but if it only lives a short time, I'm not going to get one. Thanks again for all your help :)

Back