What is this???

Aquatic Pet

Reefing newb
I found this anemone looking thing in my tank and not sure if it is aiptasia or not. Can i get your opinions please? I put this piece of rock in about a month ago. Also, this thing has moved three times. I find it odd that it is aiptasia because i have 3 peppermint shrimp in the tank and i would imagine they would eat it if it was.

Attachments

• Critter.jpg
    Critter.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 267
Looks like a majano anemone to me, basically same as Aiptasia, also what you have to remember is not all Peps eat aiptaisa, also i dont know if they leave majano's alone, but all the same see if you can get some Aiptasia X

EDIT:
Damn Ninja's these days! :p

I purchased that today but wasnt sure if i could use it with the fish in the tank? Will this affect my tank at all? I have had alot of success with the tank other then my clowns scaring me from time to time. All my levels are perfect and havent lost anything. Id hate to put chemicals in there that will screw everything up? I do have this though because the guy at the LFS told me that it was aiptasia but when i got home i started looking at pics and it seemed that aiptasia was thinner and more defined. Will this kill the Majano as well as aiptasia?

It's definitely majano... And many many of us have used aiptasia x in our tanks with no ill effect. It is perfectly safe.

Yes its reef safe.

Turn off all your powerheads, stop the flow.
Dont get it on anything but the aiptasia, dont hit any other coral if you have any.
And if im correct (Not sure) The aiptasia thinks its food and eats it, but dont quote me on that.

Just break out the instructions and follow em.

EDIT
Ninja'd twice in one thread!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Hehehe

Yes its reef safe.

Turn off all your powerheads, stop the flow.
Dont get it on anything but the aiptasia, dont hit any other coral if you have any.
And if im correct (Not sure) The aiptasia thinks its food and eats it, but dont quote me on that.

Just break out the instructions and follow em.

EDIT
Ninja'd twice in one thread!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Hehehe
Man Waddi, your slippin' here. :D

Nah, i think its cause they stalk the forums waiting for an unsuspection victim then WHAM! Ninja'd

Never saw it coming

Back