What is this?!?!?!?!?!

phastroh

Do Not Listen To Me!!!
It is hard to see in the photo but I circled it.

It is like a flower or if you had an Anemone with 10 legs all in a circle but they are all clearish with white bans around the ends and the bands are different thicknesses.

There are 2 I can see but could only barely get this photo. They appeared on the bottom area of this sponge. They look like mini Anemones.

What is this by Phastroh, on Flickr

It wasn't from the live rock. It hitch hitced on the rock my sponge was on.

I am hoping I can get rid of it physically due to the fact there is only 2 I can see and that it is on a small piece under the sponge. I can't do it till tomorrow at 2 or 4PM so while that is a while I have no choice.

Little bastardos.

I took the whole thing out. I couldn't find them at first because they shrunk up to the size of a pinhead and were dark.

I went to touch it and it shriveled up under the sponge so I cut the sponge off the rock. I got both of them and then searched the sponge while trying my best to keep it wet or under water.

I put the sponge back in and then I am letting the rock dry out for a few weeks. The center of that sponge had a yellow core and it was weird. Just never cut one off a rock. Hopefully it will be ok and reattach to the rock it is on or this one later one if it makes it.

I really like the pink sponge so this sucks.

Back