What is up with my Hammer Coral?

antikas

Reefing newb
For about 3 weeks now, one of the "mouths" of my Hammer Coral has had a huge bubble coming out of it. What is that all about and should I be concerned? I got it from Petco about 5 weeks ago. I know Petco is not a good place to get a coral (or anything living), but it had great color in regular lighting and I couldn't resist. Sorry for the bad pic, I didn't want to turn the 10Ks back on and disturb everything.

Attachments

• Hammer Coral Upload.jpg
    Hammer Coral Upload.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 873
Sometimes they reproduce that way. It's weird, and I've never seen it on hammers, but I have seen it on frogspawns (which are closely related to hammers). I think it will be fine!

For about 3 weeks now, one of the "mouths" of my Hammer Coral has had a huge bubble coming out of it. What is that all about and should I be concerned? I got it from Petco about 5 weeks ago. I know Petco is not a good place to get a coral (or anything living), but it had great color in regular lighting and I couldn't resist. Sorry for the bad pic, I didn't want to turn the 10Ks back on and disturb everything.

I recon it's growing a new head

Back