What is wrong with my fish????

Fishyyy

Reefing newb
The last few days i have had 2 fish die, a yellowtail damsel and my kole yellow eye tang. And my yellow tang has had ick out of the blue so i have been treating him. I did a 50% water change yesterday and i don't know why my fish are dieing.... I have 1 fire shrimp, 1 banded coral shrimp, 2 ocellaris clownfish, 1 yellow tang and a 3 stripe damsel. Here is the video to show of my fish and what is wrong with them.... [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x8WCbtUzTs]What the fuck is wrong with my fish? - YouTube[/ame]

What are the parameters?

What size tank?

Are you treating in the tank or in a hospital tank? How are you treating?

How long has the tank been setup?

How fast did you add all the fish?

Need more info to figure out what is going on. The fish are definantly stressed but I can't tell you why just yet.

Looks like ich.

I had a whole tank of freshwater fish die in two days in one massive ich outbreak. A lot of times they'll pull through and be fine, but losing all your fish is not unheard of.

If your parameters check out, (ph, salinity, nitrates, ammonia, temperature, etc.), then it's probably disease, especially if your invertebrates are fine. If it is ich, leave the tank empty of fish for two months, and it'll die off with no hosts. If you don't want ich in your tank again, you'll have to quarantine each and every fish for 4 to 6 weeks at a time before putting them.

Most people don't have that kind of patience and just take their chances, I know a lot of us hear knowingly have ich in our tanks, but as long as the fish are unstressed and healthy, we know there's a good chance they'll be fine.

+1 bj More info needed....They look awfully skinny, especially the yellow tang. When was the last time you added a new fish? Have you checked for stray voltage (could be causing the stress)? How are you qt'ing your tang now?

We want to help, we really do, but when you post photos or videos of sick fish, and give us absolutely zero information on your system, please understand that there is zero that we can offer you in return

Read the thread located here:
https://www.livingreefs.com/sticky-oh-noez-mah-fish-sick-threads-t34819.html

Copy and past the questions with answers - and no, "fine" is not an acceptable answer for the value of a water test - give us the numeric value

Back