What is your Dream Tank?

dcantucson

Reef pro
I'm wondering what size set-up most of us would want if we could have anything we wanted and money wasn't a factor. I started with a 10g, then a 32g and now I have 150g. I find myself wanting to go bigger still yet. I've day dreamed about taking a room in the house, sectioning it off and building an enormous system of 1500+ gallons. I see most of us want bigger, but yet I see some down sizing too. :scratchch

I have always wanted a huge tank dividing two rooms in my house-- like my office, and the living room. My mom had a boss when I was younger with a setup like this-- and a completely separate room with auto-top off, skimmers, etc so there wasn't fish equipment hangin out everywhere. That system is exactly what I've always wanted to have.

I've found that for me, a big tank wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Too much work. Ideally, I'd like to go back to a 75 or 90 gallon I think.

i've had everything from a2galhex to 125 gal. at one point i was breeding african chiclids and i had 9 tanks set up in a room of my house. never again. i don't care what size the tank is as long as it's "low" maintenance (i know none are really that low, but i got to throw it in there).

If I were to win the lottery I would have a tank similar to the patagonian reefs display at the John Ball zoo in Grand Rapids MI. Except mine would be a traditional reef instead of a cold water setup. Its close to 5000g with surges that make the water volume rise a couple feet. Probably too much for what I want but its close. A tank that I could take a true slice of the reef and have the money to operate and maintain it would be the heat. Right now I would settle for a tank with no closed loop!

I started with my 45g, then added my 10g...and now I'm working on my 125, which actually is my dream tank because we made it so that it divides off a corner of the room that I can just sit, read, and admire the tank. And the best part is that we've been building a lot of the setup ourselves.

Two or three one thousand gallon tanks located throughout my massive beach house with clear, interconnecting plexi tubes that run thru the many rooms of the house. A dozen elves in a secret chamber would labor night and day taking care of it for me while I sit back and just drink beer and watch it all.

I'm currently running a 30g high as my reef with a 10g frag tank.

I have a 90g tank thats been sitting for over a year. I would be really happy if I had the money to set it up with a completely separate room to keep the equipment out of sight. It'll be full of LPS and only the most exotic zoas and mushrooms. Minimal fish--maybe 2 or 3 max. Just don't like fish all that much.

If I won Powerball, I'd have a giant tank built into a wall. 1000g sounds about right. If you got that kind of money, you've also got the coin to pay somebody else to take care of it. :mrgreen:

A outside frag tank in a greenhouse would be wonderful too.

My dream tank,would be 10ft long,4ft wide,and 2 feet deep,setup as a reef crest,with the wave surging in over all the SPS,with just a few of the fish that inhabit the reef crest.Then along the other wall,but plumbed into the same sump,would be a 10ftX4ftX2ft lagoon tank filled with seagrasses and the corals that live in the lagoons.Of course all the equipment would be in a seperate room.

the room itself is awesome, but to have a big square tank with all 4 sides viewable. I can sit in there a drink a 12 pack and just stare at that tank all night.

I just want to have a tank that is natural looking in its surroundings. A tank in a giant solarium like that is perfect!

I've always thought it would be cool to have one made out of a swimming pool. Like the pools that are beside the house and on a wall you can look into the pool. But take the whole wall out and just have a glass wall instead. I can dream I guess but I will be building one this fall but it will only be around 120 gallons.

Back