What is your Dream Tank?

before I got into the hobby, my dream tank was one that would be built below grade with two glass walls viewable from different rooms. I would build a rock wall (like a jetty) to divide the system between the two rooms, one side would be a shark reef with a few black tips, a white tip, a wobogong, a leopard, and possibly some bamboos or cats (I have not put any effort into determining compatibility at this point as I figure I still have some time to work out logistics). I would probably keep a variety of eel in the shark reef too. The other room would be a tropical reef with hundreds of tropical fish and the more exotic coral. I also thought it would be cool to have a beach entry from the outside into it and it would be my ocean my swimming pool. The shark portion would be seperated with glass, but you could otherwise swim with all the sea creatures including turtles. I would have the whole thing in an arena size atrium so that I could control the climate. I would have lighting and pluming to be able to simumlate storms so that from the viewing areas below it would look like lightning and rain. I would also want some kind of Island in the middle of it all with trees and plants growing up out of it. I would have the whole system on a wave maker so you could sit in the beach sand on the top side and watch the waves role in.

Now that I have been in the hobby a bit, I realize some of the strategic problems that a magnificent setup like this would entail and I realize that it would be nearly impossible to create what I have envisioned.

My engineering side on other hand gets excited by the challenge and inspired now more then ever to build it just to prove I could. I suppose that if I ever come upon a couple of million that I can gamble with, I'll have a go at it.

Last edited:
before I got into the hobby, my dream tank was one that would be built below grade with two glass walls viewable from different rooms. I would build a rock wall (like a jetty) to divide the system between the two rooms, one side would be a shark reef with a few black tips, a white tip, a wobogong, a leopard, and possibly some bamboos or cats (I have not put any effort into determining compatibility at this point as I figure I still have some time to work out logistics). I would probably keep a variety of eel in the shark reef too. The other room would be a tropical reef with hundreds of tropical fish and the more exotic coral. I also thought it would be cool to have a beach
entry from the outside into it and it would be my ocean my swimming pool. The shark portion would be seperated with glass, but you could otherwise swim with all the sea creatures including turtles. I would have the whole thing in an arena size atrium so that I could control the climate. I would have lighting and pluming to be able to simumlate storms so that from the viewing areas below it would look like lightning and rain. I would also want some kind of Island in the middle of it all with trees and plants growing up out of it. I would have the whole system on a wave maker so you could sit in the beach sand on the top side and watch the waves role in.

Now that I have been in the hobby a bit, I realize some of the strategic problems that a magnificent setup like this would entail and I realize that it would be nearly impossible to create what I have envisioned.

My engineering side on other hand gets excited by the challenge and inspired now more then ever to build it just to prove I could. I suppose that if I ever come upon a couple of million that I can gamble with, I'll have a go at it.

Maybe you'll win the Powerball!!!:bounce:

if I do, I am having a beach party and you are all invited. What do you think my odds are considering I have never bought a lottery ticket in my life?

actually I messed up. My lucky day came and went. I enjoyed it so much, I never got around to leaving the party to pick up that lottery ticket.

Back