What kind of algae is this?

Pilotkev55

Reefing newb
I have a small amount of bright green algae popping up in the back corner.
My parameters are as follows.
Temp 78
Calcium 430
Mag 1280
Alk 7.8 dkh
Salinity 1.025
I have not tested for ammonia, nitrites, or nitrates for a while now. I have been doing ten gallon water changes every two weeks. This patch is in the corner below my mp40 pump. I wonder if it could be less circulation of the water in that spot. Although I think it gets a bit cause that mp40 is overkill for a 60 gallon cube.
Also I have ecotech radion lights and so another thought is my light schedule.
I am wondering as to what kind of algae it's is, I'm not sure.
Any ideas would be great.
image.jpg

Yeah I figured that because I have the algae that it must be high phosphate levels. I guess I will get a test kit for that tomorrow. It's one I do not have. I am going to cut back my feeding schedule to once every other day and maybe cut the light schedule down a bit to.
Maybe I should start with one thing at a time and watch for results.

I am feeding the fish a frozen blend of food that I thaw out before giving to them. But I have flake and pellet food also in my automatic feeder when I am away for more than a couple of days. I have also been putting pellets in so the crabs and the serpent star get some food to. This may be the mistake I am making. The serpent star grabs them up pretty quick though. I just thought maybe the starfish was not getting food unless it landed on the bottom. The frozen stuff when feeding the fish never does. I am also running granular GFO in a BRS reactor. I went ahead and changed out the GFO for some fresh stuff two days ago but so far not much of an affect. The patch of algae in the photo is all their is so far. I was going to give it a few days and see if the new GFO would help. So far it has not gotten any worse or any better.
I have also cut my feeding schedule down to once every two days . But I have only been doing that since I posted the original,post. I am not sure anything I have done yet has had enough time to have any effect.

Back