What kind of crab is it?

AlwaysImproving

Reefing newb
JGolddd
This crab has been at one of the LFS around my house and I decided to pick it up and take a chance with it. The employee said they thought it was a shameface crab but now they dont think it is one.

Working on putting pictures up but for some reason I am struggiling. It is a large 2 inch crab that is dark purple/light purple and very thick. Will get pics up soon.

Last edited:
When i used to post pictures there would be a picture link I'd select and then tabs for 5 pictures you could bring up, now it asks for url. Am I just retarded?

This crab is strong! It just completely moved my rock structure and collapsed a few pieces. Im gonna continue to try and find out what it is and will post once I figure it out.

Some other info about the crab. It was in a mini tank with shrimp, corals, hermit crabs...and didn't bother anything... It has an oval body and looks like a shamefaced crab but I don't think it is one.

YOTE, BIFF!?!? Where are the all star responses?! Stop eating jelly bellys and get on here!

Last edited:
Here's the pic you tried to post. Can't tell. Can you get a better pic? What do the claws look like?

crab4.jpg

Last edited:
I'm working on a better pic but he is hiding somewhere in my tank and im not man enough to mess with it yet. I have 4 peppermint shrimp that seem to tsill be alive and it was in a tank with a fire shrimp and some corals at the store I bought it from. Seems to be peaceful but who knows, I literally looked online for 5 hours trying to ID it but didnt find anything! Like I said Im sure once i get a better pic someone here can ID it.

Back