what kind of Euphilia

chichimom79

reef junkie
I thought this was a frogspawn when I bought it but not I'm not sure. All of the polyps are single tips. Anybody have any thoughts?
012-3.jpg

I don't know, I'm still not convinced that it isn't a frogspan. It looks like a torch, but from the side it is such a small frag that I don't know if the tentacles just haven't grown enough to show their branching. It is about the same size as my small frogspan frag - mine is a 2 headed branching frogspan, one of the heads is slightly bigger than the other and the bigger one has only just started showing branching tentacles. From this pic yours definitely looks like a torch, but from the side views in your other pics the base looks more like a frogspan. But I'm not exactly an expert so maybe it is a torch!

Okay, I just looked at the new pics in your tank thread and realize you have two euphilias! The small first one you have I do think is a frogspan, but you're right, this one (it must be new!) I do agree with the others is a torch!

Actually, the new one is the pink tipped frogspawn. After getting them side by side, I was more convinced that the first one I bought (this one pictured) was not a frogspawn. To be fair, the store didn't have it labeled and I said "I'd like that frogspawn". The guy might have been thinking, that's obviously a torch coral, lady! LOL
But it also seems to be developing some color it didn't have when I brought it home, the yellow-orange color you can see developing in the tentacles.

Thanks for the opinions, all :D

Actually, the new one is the pink tipped frogspawn. After getting them side by side, I was more convinced that the first one I bought (this one pictured) was not a frogspawn. To be fair, the store didn't have it labeled and I said "I'd like that frogspawn". The guy might have been thinking, that's obviously a torch coral, lady! LOL
But it also seems to be developing some color it didn't have when I brought it home, the yellow-orange color you can see developing in the tentacles.

Thanks for the opinions, all :D

My bad! But the good news is that you have 2 types of euphilia and both are looking great!! And LOL about the fish store guy, he was probably just glad to make a sale! :)

Back