attachment.php

any ideas?
thanks
Rose

Attachments

• angler.jpg
    angler.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 961
It doesn't float nor swim much, it kinda walks like a blenny but very slow moving. It has a pointy mouth like a six line has, its kinda weird. Hides alot, beady eyes.

It's a leaf fish. You can totally see the eyes and it does have a long slender mouth like a 6-line. Look at the picture again and you can see the eyes. It's a flat fish with ruffly/leafy dorsal fins.

Yote nailed it.

I looked up a leaf fish at liveaquaria and I don't think that's the fish.
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+717+238&pcatid=238

This fish is very thin and has two sets of pectoral fins. The first set does not look like there is much web and he uses to them "walk on" and move independent of the second set which looks more like normal pectoral fins. Also the leaf fish looks like it has a large mouth, this fish has a small thin mouth.

There's a few different species; google leaf fish and check out the different ones...I tried posting an Amazonian one that looked kinda similar, but there African ones also...Also check out www.wetwebmedia.com they tend to have good species list

I guess zippy is just going to have to invite us over for drinks so we can take some time to discuss and decipher what species it is :scratchch :mrgreen:

Thats kinda what I was thinkin Kid :D

Zippy,is there enough room in the back yard to pitch a tent? :mrgreen:

Well if I'm drivin down there,I'm goin fishin.And if I'm goin fishin,I'm gonna need a day or 2 to rest my throwin arm before I drive back home:mrgreen:

Back