what kind of light?

bwaller76

Love my tanks!
So I got a small live rock today and I have started the seeding process. I am currently using a standard clamp on lamp as lighting. What type of light would be the best to use in said lamp?

But if you did, a compact fluorescent bulb will do the trick (one of the squiggly ones). Get a low K rating -- I use 6500 over my fuge.

I got a live rock and putting it in with my rocks that I made to get them into a live state so that when I get my tank it will be on track

I have nothing for the main tank...plus there is work to be done on it. I plan on replacing the top frame...drilling and plumbing it...and trying to get some of the scratches out while I wait for tax time and/or the wifes large bonus to get everything going. That may take a while so in the mean time I am getting what i can going to expedite the process when i am able to put water in the main display!

You want to do the same thing as if you are recuring your rock.put all your rock, including your new peice in a big container, 80deg, no light, lots of flow, let run for a few days, check ammonia level, they will be high, do a water change, and repeat the process till there are NO ammonia levels. it is going to take a little bit of time to do it right, Dont rush this.
this is how i did it when i made rock and it worked out great..

did I miss anything? anyone?

Last edited:
Back