What light sizes should I get

chris_s9181

Reefing newb
Hello , I was wondering what I should get for my soon the be reef aquarium it will be 120gallom 48x24x24 what size bulbs should i get? I want to get the best I can get for coral growth

For lighting you have LEDs, t5 and metal halides. I would suggest going with either LEDs or metal halides, but what model depends on your budget

You can't change the size of the bulbs -- the size of the bulbs you have to use will depend on the fixture you buy. You first have to decide what type of light you want to use -- LED, metal halide or T5, as Hannah suggested. All three types use different types of bulbs.

My tank is 48 inches long and I want to do led lights hopefully but it's just I want to do the right thing so I can make the right choice the first time

T5 retrofit kits, atleast 6 bulbs, with really good reflectors FTW. Ive seen 120g tanks with that setup that have the most amazing SPS. However, I personally love T5's, so it's all dependent on what you want. I just don't think I'd invest the $$ in any LEDs yet (again, my opinion).

Back