What lighting could I buy

UnderwaterWorld

Reef enthusiast
That I could clamp onto my aquarium or something that would be strong enough for a 12 gallon tank but cheap because I can't afford much.

Thanks

Well if your looking for cheap then you can try aquatraders.com, or if you have somewere to hide the light such as a canopy you can you the screw floresants from walmart that are daylight, but with those you will only be able to keep low light corals.

Yes you could get enough watts, but you will get the wrong kind of light for coral. If you are not planning on keeping anything that needs light then you could use any light you want, but no a hologen light will not support anything that needs light to live.

Bobby is right...those will not have the correct spectrum/lumens.I don't know of anything that is inexpensive and would fit on your 12g.

I would change the PC bulb with a 50/50 daylight and actinic bulb.Stick to hardy and less light intensive corals-mainly softies like mushrooms,zoanthid.Maybe even leathers,xenias, and kenyas will do alright too.

i agree with freak..( no quote button)..lol..ive no seen yet t-5 so small for that size..ive seen mh..but expensive..heres a pic i got from a forum here in PR a guy named luisgo..probably ill give you some ideas..but as you can see a chiller is a must..
img0725sve1.jpg

no..no chiller.,,ive had success keeping temps around 82-86..without hoods and t-5...somtimes if the day is too hot i use a fan..

If you don't mine it hanging over the edge a couple of inches on each side.You could always hang it perhaps.I have the same fixture over a fuge,it doesn't have tank risers.It would give you enough watts to keep more corals.(not all)

Back