What pump 2 use with HOB refugium?

felixfish

newbie reefer
I am looking to buy a hang on the back refugium from a guy off craigslist for my 55 gal tank. I haven't seen it yet and was wondering what type of pumps are hooked up to these to get the low flow threw the fuge? From the dimensions he told me, (40 inches long, 4 inches wide and 18 inches tall.* Holds about 15-20 gallons). This is coming off of his 150gal tank. I have tried to do a search for a hob refugium with these dimensions and have not found any. He also said it has a power compact light across the whole thing??

ok, If the skimmer was hooked onto the refugium, would that pump from the reef ocotopus be enough suction to circulate the water in and out the the fuge?

I picked up the fuge today. It's about 15 gal, and comes with a pump. However the guy who I bought it from has a cube style 150gal tank with sump and skimmer underneath plus this. He said with his auto top off working the salinity levels lower causing his skimmer to overflow so he just unplugged it, and used the fuge as the only cleaning/filtering system with a wet/dry filter. So it looks as if it's mud, with cheato, plus another type of algae in the fuge now. It is filthy, so I attempted to clean it up a bit. However he could not get to the pump for me and is going to bring it to me early next week.

My question is now should I remove all that mud/sand, what ever it is all out and start fresh with LS, plus LR rubble and keep the algae? Or just leave it be and start cycling? He told me he has had his tank running for 6 months. He said there was a bunch of coepods (sp) snails and such living in there.. Please help!!!!

Ok yea you want to leave everything in there if your adding it to a tank your about to cycle. lotta good stuff to kick start a tank.

Back