What should I add with my Clown and Fire fish?

HSalty

Reefing newb
I have a pet store that just specializes in saltwater fish and invertabrates, and their prices and selection are awesome too. I have an Ocelarris clown and a reg. fire fish and a zebra hermit. They are in a 33gal tank, fully cycled and up and running for about 2 1/2 months. ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 3-5, pH 8.3, SG 1.023. This is my very first saltwater aquarium, so I am new to SW fish. Now, I don't know what to put in with my fish that is a beginner fish that will be compadible. I was thinking of adding a yellow tail damsel but I don't want to risk messing up the peacefullness in my tank. I was also thinking of putting in 2 Chromis but I hear they should be in a school of 6 or more and my tank is too small. I was also thinking about adding a yellow clown goby, maybe 2 since my tank has enough space for each one to claim their own territory. But they are small and there would still be enough room for one more small fish. I don't know. What do you guys think?

You can do a single chromis, it'll be fine in there by itself. Have you looked at any of the dwarf angels? Or, maybe a colorful wrasse of some kind.

Yea, I thought of a fire angel but at the fish store they are $90! Too expensive! Maybe I'll do a chromis and a bangai cardinal. I'm trying to stick with fish that don't spend all day hiding. The fire fish does enough of that for the whole tank.

Yep Chromis are very characteristic fish, i would go for one of them.
By the way, where abouts in Canada are you??

So, I spoke to the pet store and they told me that they have had success keeping 2 chromis together without fighting, but if worse comes to worse I can always bring one back. So, I think I'm going to go with 2 chromis and a pajama cardinal.

I love in British Columbia.

What kind of sand do you have? If its finer sand I would recommend a sandsifting goby I love mine he keeps the sand really clean.

My favorite fish in my tank though is my midas blenny she is so fun and active and entertaining.

I think adding 3 more fish to your tank is really going to be pushing it. I would only add one more. But the fish that you have picked out will all work well in there.

Back