what should i buy next?

Cheeser

I Love Reefer
heres a list of what i have so far...
65 gallon tank with about 50 lbs of rock in it.
reef octopus bh2000 skimmer
20 gallon sump with like 20lbs of rock
in sump refugium with a 5 inch sandbed and cheato
brs dual reactor running gfo and carbon.
i have a 13 gallon trashcan synced up with my system full of live rock...(like 30lbs.)
2 ecoray60d leds.
i was considering buying a biopellet reactor but i was wondering if i can run biopellets in my carbon side of my dual reactor. can i do that?
also i was thinking about getting a kalkwasser reactor but i was wondering if maybe i can run kalk in my carbon side....(im not exactly sure what kalkwasser is anyway, ive never messed with that stuff, but whatever i can do to better my system)
what do u guys think? what else is there that i should get?
a calcium reactor? maybe i should save my money and get an mp-10? or a controller?

No, you can't run the biopellets or the kalk in your dual reactor. They need their own specialized reactors.

If you don't know what kalk is, you don't need it. :) You definitely don't need a calcium reactor.

Why are you thinking about spending money on stuff if you don't need it (and that you don't know what it's for)? Why not spend money on more livestock instead?

well yea i can probly just buy more coral. i have 5 fish. i can probly do a couple more. just undecided.
i definitely wanna get a controller evenutally and an mp-10. but i might just wait.
thanks for the info.

Maybe I missed it but I would look into an RODI filter, or an auto top off if you didn't already have one. Barring those two, a controller or vortech powerhead is the shite, but they're only luxuries.

yeah i guess i do need an auto top off. is there one u reccomend? i dont have an rodi unit but i get rodi water from a place right down the street.

Id get the rodi filter and some corals. If its drinking rodi water it may not be as clean as it should be for an aquarium

Back