What Should My Next Fish Be?

What Should Be My Next Fish?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Maybe Nigers are more common as they are pretty calm triggerfish. Are Humu's the same way?

Did you ever ask people what size they tank they had before selling them a fish at Petco? I've seen some employees hand out fish to total noobs : O

My purple dottyback (pseudochromis) beats the crap out of every reef safe wrasse I introduce in the tank. I was going to vote wrasse but I went with anthias. If you go wrasse I would go with something that could take a possible initial beating.

a long nose hawk might be a cool addtion. They are usally well tempered and full of personality. mine used to perch on top of snails on the glass watching my every move during feeding time.

I choose tangs but to reference my vote it will need to be either a yellow or a yellow eyed kole tang. IMO the only two that will go in a 75 gallon tank.

Thanks Mike. I've been wanting a Yellow Eye Kole for a while now. I just haven't found one that will eat frozen yet. They all hide and don't eat at all at the LFS. I don't want it to end up dead like my Blue Eye did.

I also plan to upgrade to a larger tank this coming summer. I'm going no less than a 180.

Maybe Nigers are more common as they are pretty calm triggerfish. Are Humu's the same way?

Did you ever ask people what size they tank they had before selling them a fish at Petco? I've seen some employees hand out fish to total noobs : O

I always did. Especially with salt water. Right after Finding Nemo came out I remember a lady came in and wanted to put a clown and a hippo tang in a fish bowl. She didn't quite understand why I wouldn't sell the fish to her. Complained to my boss even. Stupid people.

Sorry for hijacking your thread, Hiker.... :bowdown:

Thanks Mike. I've been wanting a Yellow Eye Kole for a while now. I just haven't found one that will eat frozen yet. They all hide and don't eat at all at the LFS. I don't want it to end up dead like my Blue Eye did.

I also plan to upgrade to a larger tank this coming summer. I'm going no less than a 180.

Plenty of room for a trigger or 2:D

Looks like the Reef Safe Wrasse is the clear winner unless some more votes come in. I am negative a wrasse and have had one since the very beginning so I think I will opt for a wrasse. Plus, my brother is breaking down his tank and I'm taking his Anthia.

Back