what tank can this light?

freshreef

Reefer Addict
whats up guys i am looking at setting up another tank in the near future:mrgreen: and i will be buying this light tomarrow as i got such a sweet deal on it:trampolin

Hamilton 48" actinic/halide retrofit kit, includes:
(2) 48" 40W actinic bulbs and (2) 175W mogul base metal halide true 10K bulbs each individually controlled ;
3k93m23l1ZZZZZZZZZ92839217a6453521f99.jpg

my question is what size tank can i go with so i dont have to worry do i have light to support this coral? i have been looking at a sweet 90gal with built in overflows and drilled and ready for sump at my lfs will this be ok lighting or should i go a little smaller like a 75gal?

That would be a good light for a 75, 90 or 120 IMO. That 90 you are looking at would be a great tank. Which store you checking out?

I'd say 75g if you want SPS, maybe 90 or 100 if you just want softies and LPS. Is this a used setup? If so, find out how old the bulbs are, they may need replacing if they're older than 6 or 7 months.

thanks guys, the bulbs are only a month or so old but i will get new ones after the tank is up and cycled ect just to be safe. ryan i saw this tank at a pet store near my house but will probly buy it from salt water paradise as thay are one of my favs and allways give me pritty sweet deals. i also go to a reef creation for my fregs ect these are my two faverit shops in the area

Back