What the F@%*K are these?

Well the big question is it just gonna be the zoahs that are in trouble? I have two days to decide if I should ditch the zoahs and get something else for the tank. After that I cant add anything to the tank. Or do I just stay the course and hope I can pull it through. I have this one that I moved from the main tank a few days after getting it so I guess 3 weeks maybe this is also the one with the bad guys
jan9010.jpg
this one didnt find anything on it
jan19016.jpg
and this one cant find anything on it but hasnt been opening as much lately
jan19028.jpg
is this one consider zoahs?
jan19035.jpg

ok found this advice on the web does anyone think this would be a good idea? [FONT=Trebuchet MS, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]As promised above, this solution will take 5 minutes and cost all of $20.00. First, get yourself enough Salifert Flatworm Exit to treat your tank two times. Each Package contains enough solution for 300 gallons of water. Then dose your tank according to instructions and watch the nudis turn inside out and die. Since the process does not kill eggs, you will have to repeat the process a week later. Since no adults are left to lay more eggs and eggs hatch within 3-4 days, you will have a 100% success rate. Additionally, since there are only few nudis in a system at a time, you won’t have to do any water changes to dilute toxins. (even a few hundred in a large tank is considered little compared to the number of flatworms you could have)[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]I’ve tried this method myself and seen others use it. It works! Grab a beer, lay back and savor victory.[/FONT]

The method I mentioned earlier works great for me.It did take 3 dips and two weeks,though.All the zoas recovered,nicely.Glad o hear the method you tried worked out for you.

well I have treated once and I killed a heck of alot of them. I havent seen anything bad in the tank. I will treat again this weekend just to be sure. Every thing made it through with no ill affects as far as live stock so far so good.

To answer your question earlier.Yes,they are specialize predators.The ones you have only consume zoas/palys.So you are safe to add different corals.There are however other types of nudibranches that look similar to the ones you have that specialize on other types of corals.

Back