what the heck? it looks like a snail with no shell

project5k

Reef enthusiast
what is this, its looks kinda like a snail with no shell... and its in my tank...
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxkKmTtDWPs[/ame]

i dont know. if it is a nudi most of them that hitchhike are coral eating ones. but i dont know what to tell you. if it were my tank i would prob get rid of it just to be safe.

well i would think so but i've never seen this in my tank before and its been a good long while since i added the zoas, but its neither here nore there, i pulled it out of the tank... actually i tore it out of the tank.. i grabbed it with my long tweezers and it was hard, so i started pulling and he broke into 2... so i put the 2 parts in a little measuring cup and heres better pic...

Attachments

• what is it.jpg
    what is it.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 2,011
  • 2-1-10 001  s.jpg
    2-1-10 001 s.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 1,296
I have several of those, never saw him eat a coral. He cleaned the rock around my buttons, but didnt eat a one. Zoas give off poison so I dont know if theres a lot of critters that eat them.

yep thats about what he looked like, well, i'm not gonna put him back in cause i tore him in half... but now i know...

well, all i know is that when i got my zoas, my blue legged crabs sure did like climbing on them and i think eating them, i have a video of it... but then when i moved the rock to where the crabs couldnt get to it, the zoas started comming back, but since i had never seen this thing before, i didnt know if maybe it was what was doing the damage at night time and then the crabs were just cleaning up the little bits that were left over.. sounds like its just the crabs, so when i go to move everything from this tank to my new one, i'll just make sure and not put any of the blue crabs in the tank, i'll put them in the fuge.

Back