what the hell is this

OceanCrazy1

Reefing newb
hey guys, i don't know where it came from but this morning i saw it in my tank.
i hope some one can help, is it bad?

Attachments

• IMG_1387.jpg
    IMG_1387.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 342
hey guys, i don't know where it came from but this morning i saw it in my tank.
i hope some one can help, is it bad?

what are we looking at I just see rocks? any specific place discription? also could you grab a better photo by chance that may help us see what your seeing

If your talking about that long dark thing on the sand near the bottom right corner of the picture, my guess is that its a bristleworm - looks a little like a centipede - they are good guys. If you're talking about something else, then yes we need far more info to spot it in the photo you posted!

yeah the shape does kind of look like a Mantis but I cant really tell. to test this out I'd say get a piece of shrimp put it on a bamboo kabob skewer and move it around by it if it attacks and takes it HELLO lovely Mantis friend :D. then your next options will be keep it and build the beautiful Mantis a lovely home or catch it and sell it to Dana :D hahahaha or bring it to your LFS if they tank in thing like that for credit.

But again cant really tell from the photo. So i say do the test or get/build a trap. just remember Mantis shrimp are super smart if the trap fails they wont fall for it again. Also use caution when dealing with them even small there punch hurts like hell and if they spear you that will bloody kill.... So I have heard.

Back