What these dots on my tang could be?!

aplusbiolr

Reefing newb
tang_1_of_5.jpg
Hello Everyone

Today I noticed some dots on my new tang. I also saw it several times to let the blood shrimp clean it. Its hard to get good shot of the fish. The dots are very small.
Is it ich? :(

P.S I have my UV filter on.

kpaok.jpg

10gfjg4.jpg

sfldzc.jpg

2ijhoip.jpg

l16q3178x

2rz83ft.jpg

Thanks everyone

Issue is yesterday morning there were no spots then when I cam home at night he was full of dots. This morning again I could not see the dots, now I am back and again I see the them but I guess there are less spots!

Is it normal sign of ich? Should the ich start to develop gradually?

He seems fine, swimming a lot, not robbing himself to the rocks but he keeps stop by the Red shrimp bugging it to get cleaning!

not surprising given the fish and then tank size.
What if its an small tang, compare to his current size, the tank is big enough to swim easily?

UV does little sincerity can only kill what passes through and not the parasites on the fish.
I am hopeful UV would reduce possibility of free floating parasite finding a new host!

tangs like that, even a small size will swim around 20 miles a day. Not being able move move around like that causes them to be very stressed out.

Hello Bifferwine I have already read the article

This tang is new!
In best interest of my tank, should I remove it from tank and apply ich medication on him
or I am better leaving it in the main tank to avoid giving it stress and let its immune system take care of it. (and I am relying on my UV filter to reduce possibility of infecting other)

bear in mind my quarantine tank is actually a salt bucket!

Also which brand do you recommend(from my LFS):
Tetra, Hikari, API, Kordon

thank you

Clearly you didnt read the article, otherwise you would know that you have ich in your tank and treating only one fish is useless because it doesnt eliminate the ich or the source of stress causing them to get ich.

In the best interest of the tank and the fish, you should find him a properly sized home.

I can tell you from personal experience that it is highly unlikely that a powder brown tang will recover from ich on its own. They are extremely sensitive fish and very prone to ich, and it usually ends up killing them. Most fish are tough enough to fight off ich on their own, but PBTs are not in that category, sadly. They are also not suitable for a 90 gallon tank. They are very difficult fish to keep; one of the toughest tangs I ever tried to keep.

If you want to treat the fish for ich, like Hannah said, you will have to remove and treat all the fish in your tank. All your fish have been exposed and will now be carriers of the parasite. If you only remove and treat the PBT, it will get ich again as soon as you put it back in the tank with the other fish.

Back