What to do ideas?

kmart189

Reefing newb
I purchased a foxface one spot for my 150 and it looked healthy wouldn't eat, and got stuck to the powerhead freed then died two days later. I told the fish store that it should of been strong enough to pull away so they replaced it with another one well it is acclimated and wont eat it is 3 days later and I have the powerheads unplugged out of fear what do I do? tested parms and everything is in check and all the other fish are eating like pigs ...hippo tang, 6 line, bi color pseudo, and blue spot blenny

I have tried sea veggies and fish and reef super color and he was introduced acclimated via drip and they quarantined him for 2 weeks with the other one that died

He probably just needs to get used to the tank. My FF wouldn't come out from hiding for the first 6 months if I was near the tank. He literally just got settled enough to where if I make a sudden movement near the tank he won't freak out. Just put some nori in the tank for him and give him time.

Is anyone bullying him? Try feeding the fish at the other end of the tank while offering him some at the other side so he doesnt have to compete with the other fish.

no one has picked on him at all well except the cleaner shrimp trying to clean him lol. He has nori (Sea veggies are algae sheets clipped on with a suction cup clip)

It sounds like normal behavior for a new FF to me, just keep an eye on him. When you feed the tank, try feeding it then walking to the other side of the room. It's what I had to do when I first got mine until he became more comfortable with me.

IM WITH WITH bl1 THAT SOUNDS LIKE TOTALLY NORMAL BEHAVIOUR FOR *crap sry for caps*

but yeah normal behavior its just stressed . as long as its eating it should be fine

well he is still alive he is so weak he was stuck to the overflow intake this morning and i nudged him off and he swam off in circles to go back into hiding wth

Sorry to hear about this second FF. I'd wait a little bit and either wait for that LFS to get a new batch of them in or try and get one from a different LFS next time.

Well they didn't really want to work with me on the second one I ended up going to AquaMart which I like better anyway and I did checkout Elite and liked it they just didn't have anything that I was crazy about that day. I ended up getting a sweet Kole Tang and a Powder Brown (white cheek) and a school of 5 bangai's from aquamart tank is looking pretty good now just need mor corals as always

Back