What to do with old biocube?

scubacane

Reefing newb
I recently moved up from a 14 g biocube with retrofit 72 watt CFB lighting to a JBJ HQI 28 g upgraded by nanotuners to 186 watts. Im loving my new tank and have transferred my softies, inverts and 2 fish- ocellaris and a yellow blenny to the new tank. I am not sure what to do the the old tank. Right now it just has live rock, tons of coralline algae and a huge xenia population that has grown out of control over the past 8 months. I have been keeping the lights off to keep the algae growth to a minimum and kill off some of the xenia but I am not sure where to go with it. I would love to put an octopus in there but I know they dont live to long and are great escape artists.Could a small moray species live in there? I always like the sargassumfish- thought it might be cool to just have him in the tank? Should I remove the live rock and just make it a quarantine/ hospital tank?. The bottom is a crushed coral substrate which I think I will change to sand. Any suggestions are appreciated.
user_online.gif

Will your LFS give you credit for the xenia?Is they will,then just grow it in the 14 and trade it in.

Yeah, use it as a little QT tank. 10 or 14 G tanks don't need skimmers or expensive filtration because water changes are so easy.

Back