What to feed a coral beauty?...

try Rod's food

also try adding garlic juice or extract to the mysis or other food

you can try to get it started on flakes to and then switch to frozen

wait it out. Don't add food for a day or two and try again. It can take a week or longer to get a fish to eat.

-Doc

san francisco makes angel and butterfly preparations that I feed my angels. It contains sponge which is a primary food for angelfish. It is not panic time yet, wait it out

-Doc

I've recently added 2 angels, one coral beauty and one flame. I've tried mysis, cyclopeeze, pellets and flakes, all soaked in vitachem. They don't bother with pellets or flakes, not sure about cyclopeeze, and mysis i've seen the Coral Beauty grab a couple, but not too much.
Like with any other fish, you have to wait a couple days. As long as you see them being active and nipping at the rocks, don't worry too much.
Maybe now it's the time to try new food and see what they prefer.

BlueS!4:

How are the two angels doing together in your 75? I've always read Angels will not tolerate each other unkess you have a huge tank to give them room to keep out of each other's way.

Montoya

Montoya,

the 2 Angels are doing very well. They were swimming along each other yesterday, they pass near each other and nothing happens, they are getting along well for now. I have a 75G but they seem to roam around the whole tank, and i have enough rocks for them to try to be away from each other if they chooose, but so far this hasn't been the case.

BlueS!4:

How are the two angels doing together in your 75? I've always read Angels will not tolerate each other unkess you have a huge tank to give them room to keep out of each other's way.

Montoya

That is not accurate for pygmy angelfish. the large angels, pomacanthus and holacanthus, will not tolerate each other in a small tank (less than 180). Pygmy angels do just fine in a 55 or larger together.

-Doc

I got a gift from the "mod fairy". I prefer to be called "Doc". It fits me and hell, I like it.

-Doc

Back