What type of tank

stagofdoom

Phi Kappa Psi
Im trying to figure out what type of tank is the best quality so I am asking you guys. What brand of tank do you like.

Im looking at deep sea aquatics,and Oceanics.

Where could I see prices on these or other good quality tanks?

thanks
stag

prices all depend on where you live and how big your going and if its drilled, i would either go with perfecto or AGA, but there oceanics now so either of those two would be the best choice

My 75 is an AGA,my 30 and 55 were perfectos.
But as of right now,when i get a 125,it'll be an Oceanic.

I like the AGAs as well. From what I have seen, the Oceanic brand does the overflow about 4 inches from the corner. The AGAs that I have seen do a full corner overflow. This seems like a better use of space in my opinion.

I have also seen some Oceanics with really bad silicone jobs and some starfire glass models have "strange" optics to them.

I have only seen the two brands, so I cannot comment on any others.

FWIW, Central Garden & Pet owns the Aqueon (formerly AGA) brand and the Oceanic brand (also Kent and Coralife brands). Marineland owns the Perfecto brand.

The AGAs that I have seen do a full corner overflow.
I have never seen an AGA/Aqueon tank with overflows in the corner. Perfecto makes the Corner Flow Reef Ready tanks.

One of the guys at the LFS here bought a 240gal AGA the has the corner overflows.
I think where they put the overflow depends on which tank your looking at.

I never saw a tank that big in person...lol. I know the AGA 180's and less don't have the overflow in the corner.

ooops...yes I did. I saw the Penn State Univ 500g tank...but I believe that was custom built.

Yes,some Aqueon tanks do come in both corner and standard overflows.As far as glass tanks goes,I have no idea who the best builders are but it's not Aqueon.Even though they are part of the same company,I like Oceanic,especially the Tech tanks but they only go up to 120g.

Stag,

I went back and looked and ccCapt i correct, the unit with the corner overflow is MARINELAND (PERFECTO) branded in 75g & 90g, both with a SINGLE corner overflow (rear left corner).
It looks like they do everything over 120g with dual corner overflows.

CFT_268.jpg

I agree with you, I like the corner overflows much better myself.

I would go with oceanic. That will be my next tank most likley. I used to have glass, but much prefer the look of acrylic.

Stag I have an opinion to toss around. Why not get a non-reef ready tank and custom drill it for external overflows? You would save a bunch of money and space in your display. Just a thought.

I would go with oceanic. That will be my next tank most likley. I used to have glass, but much prefer the look of acrylic.

acrylic is nice for the first couple months then it get to be a pain in the ass to clean. and it scratches super easy. you can only use plastic scrapers. never use the acrylic mag floats they will also scrach the tank. i will never buy an acrylic tank again

I really like the Model 185 (60 x 30 x 29) Tank that Deep Sea Aquatics has. I have not seen it anywhere but I did some surfing on them before I purchased my tank and they seem to be real nice quality tanks. I called a LFS near me about pricing but I don't remember the price.

Back