What would Make My Trumpet coral Start to Break Down?

Ninja Spear

Bloodsail Admiral
I have had my Trumpet for about 4 months and yesterday I noticed it Was Not swelling up like it did. A closer Look showed some of the Meaty Heads looking Like they were having the Calcified Bone Structure Pokeing THrough. I am Kind of Bummed out.

Everything else Looks Solid.

The Only thing I have done Differently was Slack on the water changes the past 2 Months. I have done water changes just not weekly. I guess thats What I get for not keeping up with my system.

Any Suggestions?

Sometimes when my candy cane corals shrinks up it looks as if the skeletal structur is showing, but it's just that the soft tissue has receeded a lot. How long has it been acting that way?

Yesterday When I changed the water and noticed the issue I also cleaned the closest Koralia. It was Severely Over Grown with Algae. I took it out and cleaned it.
My Lights have been the same. I don’t know with summer in Full Bloom if the Ambient Light from the Sun affects the Corals?
The Feeding Testicals come out at night when I feed the Tank.

Nice gobbler by the way! It's normal for the tenticles to come out at night. Check and see if they come out again tonight. If they keep coming out I'd say its fine. Corals are funny sometimes and shrink up for a few days and then are back to normal like nothing happened.

I'm with Mike on this one.
Might also be a good idea to have your LFS run a few tests just to double check.Kits can and do go bad all the time.
But it could have also been the increase in flow from cleaning that Koralia.
BTW
Thats a good long beard you got there.Congratulations.:D
Whats the measurements on the beard and spurs?

Y'all season starts right as ours is ending.
We've got exactly 4 more week ends counting this one coming up.

I have trumpets and I went (lazily) over a month without a water change and watched alk and cal drop too low BUT my 'trates were always zero. My trumpets are fine and growing. Recommendations:

1 Get a phosphate test at LFS.
2 Feed it! Wait till its been dark in your tank about 2 or 3 hours and the trumpets tentacles have come out then drop sushi roe down on him.
3 Trumpets do not like to be right under MH light. Put them lower in the tank.

Ok, So water samples. I will get on that. I am going to guess everything is fine. I havent had anything die and rot in my tank.

The Gobbler had a 9.5in Beard, Spurs 1" and 1.125in, Weight was 17.5 pounds. It was my Second Bird of the season. and the First I have called up all by myself. Shot him at 7:30am. I called him up from 200 yards away. The First Bird I shot was the same stats except his beard was quarter inch longer and weighed 2 pound lighter.

It was Pretty funny walking in to the Grocery store with a Dead Bird and placing it on the People scale for the weight.

Back