What would you do,tank building question

HeavyHittah

LivingReefs is like home
Hey family,
so here's the deal. My standard 10 gallon is getting on my nerves. And I want a mini upgrade. I am planning to build a custom tank. Dimensions are 24x24x15 (around 37g I think) also rimless. If i build it out of 1/2in acrylic then it's going to cost me $180 (just acrylic). If i go glass I think I would need 9mm thick. Someone can help me with this part since I want it rimless. I haven't called any glass places yet, but i heard with it being a smaller tank it would be cheaper to buy glass. I really like the clarity factor of acrylic as well. So if you were making this tank, which would you choose? Acrylic, glass, or maybe low iron?

Yea I've been pondering it all day. My 75g didn't even cost 180$ and it was brand new. Just heard petco has a dollar per gallon sale going on. Maybe I'll just go pick up a 40b and drill it. Keep it simple right!

Well.... Just realized that we don't have a petco here in columbia sc. This is just great. Anyway I'll still go check petsmart and some other places tomorrow.

Well drove bout 35 mins outside of Columbia to a petco yesterday. Picked up a 40b. Stand is well on its way. All 2x4s cut. Assembly will probably start tomorrow. Quick question should I do a glass holes overflow, or should I try to make a custom one. I have no way of cutting teeth though. Is it easy for the gh overflow to clog?

I would go with the glass-holes kit, it comes with everything you'll need, internal overflow, glass drill bit, bulkheads, etc. and the price is pretty cheap considering.

Did you get the 40b for $40 at your petco? I went to one by my parents place today and they had the 40Bs listed for $109

Back