what would you stock in a 14g nano?

Kat

Reefing newb
Hi,
I'm real new to forums I hope I'm doing this right. I would like your opinions about my 14g nano, I have 5 hermit crabs and 2 snails. I will be adding more live rock soon but I'm not sure how I want to stock it with creatures. I guess what I would like to know is if you had one what would you put in it so that everything would be compatible and happy? I'm a newbie so I want to start with hardy creatures. also in what order would you add them?

I think I would find some hairy mushrooms that look like an anemone and true purcula clowns or something easy like that to start.

stupid question,
what is the deal with the little red heart and the check mark in the little blue circle on the thread none of the others have them. am I doing something wrong?

signed, somewhat computor illiterate

If you like predators you could get a mantis shrimp. They can be very colorful. I don't know how you feel about something that kills like they do. Check out youtube if you are interested.

stupid question,
what is the deal with the little red heart and the check mark in the little blue circle on the thread none of the others have them. am I doing something wrong?

Also if you scroll all the way down on the page you'll see a list of what the colored circles and check marks mean.

go with clowns or a red fire hawk and watch your snail the hermits will get them. As far as corals go get some green star poylps and put them next to you back wall it looks really cool when they grow up the wall. (IMO) "in my opinion"

My tank has been cycling about 5 weeks, it has some live rock but I know I need more. I'm not in any hurry to add anything new until I get more information.

My tank has been cycling about 5 weeks, it has some live rock but I know I need more. I'm not in any hurry to add anything new until I get more information.
Five weeks...yikes...I am just starting my third and I really really hope I don't have two more weeks to wait :) you must have A LOT more patience than I do :)

Patience is the key. Her tank has probably finished, but if she gets more live roc it will probably start over again. I do admire your patience.

Thanks to all,
I might call it patience or maybe fear! I just dont want to kill anything over my stupid mistakes. my LFS is 30 miles away so I like to plan my trips. saturday getting more LR

I'd skip the hawkfish. Not reef safe. It'd make a meal out of your crabs, shrimp, snails, etc.

Gobies are excellent for small tanks. Check out those guys.

I like gobies I will put them on the wish list. what do you think of emerald crabs and peppermint shrimp? Im not sure what an anemone shrimp is, it must be named something else in my books. I havent read much on the purple firefish do they get very big?

does anyone have cleaner shrimp or pistol shrimp? would either of them work?
I love the banded brittle star is that possible?

I would make sure that your tank is stable. I want one and I have had fish in mine for about 4 weeks. I am probably going to get one next week though. They are very sensative

Back