whats a good Power Head?

MamawVal

Reefing newb
I am needing a new power head for the adaptor I got today. I tried it on my 2 exisiting pumps but they cannot produce enough water force to make the adaptor rotate. What kind do I need to do the job?
Thanks!!:question:

what kind of adaptor is it for? what application is it going to be used for? is it for a closed loop or something? needs more info to give an advice.

what kind of a rotating adaptor? there are a lot of that kind. is it a sea swirl? an ocean's motion? needs to be specific.

It's a hydor flo deflector rotating wave maker w/ 360' rotation ...it is adaptable to any pump w/a flow rate of: min. : 80 gph - max.: 310gph.

koralia's are cheap and probably look the best out of all powerheads. IMO...I just got a koralia 4 and :surfing: boy its got power.

Last edited:
I would just go with the maxi jet 900. IMO it is a waste of money if you go with the 1200 because the hydor flow deflector has a limited amout of output flow. I have 2 myself on a maxijet 1200 and wish I should have just bought the 900.

The flo-rotator will not work with Koralias.They are attachments for powerheads.Use a Maxijet 900,I had a rotator in the past on the maxi.

Back