whats everyones advice on lace rock

Not as good a true live rock, and most is dug up. If so it might be covered in many other substances not suitable for marine use. Best bet is to put some in a bucket with saltwater and a powerhead. Then after it soaks for a while test for whatever you can. Or take it to the pet store and make them test it.
Hope this helps.

Tony

it was from lfs they have different kinds of rock lace rock was more appealing as far as different shapes and had some real good porous pieces.

Well Im not sure what type of rock you are talking about. I am not familiar with the term lace rock. calcium carbonate, aragonite, etc. where is it from, is it live , or dead, is it cured. tell us in marine terminology what lace rock is and Ill post a better opinion.

Lace rock meaning I think Bow lace Rock.I think it makes ok base rock when setting up a new tank.Make sure it has never been treated with copper and it get fully scrubbed and dried out before use

Well I'm familar with lace rock because I used a lot of it when I had a fresh water cichlid tank. Lace Rock is very popular in fresh water tanks and so is texas holey rock. But I've never heard of it being used in marine aquariums.

If you can't use it then I'm sure you can sell it- I remember I bought lace rock for 5 dollars a pound more of less the same price of live rock. Maybe you can Flip it.

Back