Whats good for a 10 gallon

SalteeDogg

Reefing newb
What would be good for a 10 gallon? I was thinking a mantis shrimp but afraid since the glass is so thin that he might break it? Also was thinking about making it my qt since I have a 75 gallon with no qt. I just didnt want an empty tank sitting so was wanting to do something with it. Would a clown with an anemone work or too small? Also how much of a cycle will it have if I use new sand and take about 10lbs of rock out of my 75 and siphon 10 gallons of my water out? TIA

the best thing for a 10 gallon tank......about 40 more gallons of water! just kidding. have you considered seahorses? they would be nice. I've allways wanted to keep some. that's what persuaded my wife to let me start a saltwater tank to begin with. then after I started the tank we learned it couldn't be done.

you may see a small cycle doing it that way. I would wait a week or two before stocking just to make sure.

Thanks guys!!! Would a seahorse be fine in a 10?

Maybe... I'm looking for either seahorses or pipefish to go into my new 12 gallon nano. I have not been able to find anything online that says that they can thrive in any tank smaller than a 20 gallon. I'm working with my LFS to find some extra small midget animals somewhere that I can cram into my nano. No luck so far :(.

Maybe... I'm looking for either seahorses or pipefish to go into my new 12 gallon nano. I have not been able to find anything online that says that they can thrive in any tank smaller than a 20 gallon. I'm working with my LFS to find some extra small midget animals somewhere that I can cram into my nano. No luck so far :(.
lol I think some small seahorses would probably be fine if its loaded down with gorgonians and seaweed? My LFS sells babies for like $40 but after buying gorgonians I will probably be broke lol....

Back