What's in your refugium?

ladypheesh

Frank the tank!
We have a sump/refugium setup for our 75 gal and we haven't decided on the specifics yet.

I'm curious, what do you have in your refugium, as far as amount of sand/mud, LR, type of macro, or critters? Thanks for sharing!

I have a separate 25g. refugium next to the sump.It has a 4'' sugar size sand bed with live rock and chaeto.The lighting is a 48w T5 fixture set on a timer opposite of the display.There are many types of copepods,bristleworms,stometella snails and other fauna I'm sure.Right now for convenience I have a sun coral in there.Easier to feed and sort of a safe haven away from those damn hermit crabs.Also a few mushrooms and tons of aiptasia anemones are in the fuge as well.

I'm using a HOB refugium. I have about 5" of sand and a big hunk of cheato. I have to trim the cheato back about every 6-8 weeks or it overgrows the refugium. I tried selling it, but had no luck. I just throw it in the trash now.

There are pods, bristle worms and all kinds of other small critters in there. I'm thinking about putting a couple small nassarius snails in there.

I don't put frags or corals in my refugium. The whole top of it is covered by a blanket of cheato. Anything I put in there would be starved for lighting. Would be nice to have a separate chamber. Maybe on the next tank?

I'm using a HOB refugium. I have about 5" of sand and a big hunk of cheato. I have to trim the cheato back about every 6-8 weeks or it overgrows the refugium. I tried selling it, but had no luck. I just throw it in the trash now.

You could send some to me!!!!! :scratchch

I have a 6" sand bed, live rock rubble, and chaeto. And some stupid caulerpa that hitchhiked in with the chaeto, but I don't do anything about it. I have some hermit crabs and snails that hitchhiked in from the main tank, and lots of pods. I keep my fuge lights on 24 hours.

I have around 4 inches of sand, some live rock rubble, chaeto, two hermits, one nassarious, one turbo, one nerite, and tons of pods.

um I clearly don't know how to use the thanks feature... I hit it once for each person but it is multiplying with each new post!! it's alive!!!!

lol sorry I was just trying to be nice!

you over paid, my lfs gave me a huge clump for $5

it's just hard to sell because it grows great, it is possible though

My LFS, 8oz chaeto is $30! THAT sounded like a rip off to me. $20, eh, like just about everything else in this hobby, what's another 20 you know?:frustrat:

Dang, most the LFS' i went to had none. Finally after checking with 4 different ones one guy had it for $25 for a little small ball worth.

$5 for a bag full is too damn good.

If your local area has a reefing club or anything like that, check with the other members. I give away free bags of chaeto to fellow AZ reefers all the time.

while we're on the topic... at what point to do you normally toss that in? We just got our live rock in today. Do you wait until the cycle completes?

Thanks for sharing!

Back