what's missing from my cuc?

So, my CUC currently consists of the following:

3 emerald crabs
1 blue leg hermit crab
10 or 15 astrea snails
3 mexican turbo snails
~5 or so some other snail I can't recall... but they're stripped black and yellow.
and a few of those snails with hardly any shell that were hitch hikers.
Some unknown amount of nassarius snails. Hardly see 'em, but that's okay because my sand sifting goby does a great job keeping the sand pristine.

I'm still having algae issues, and although that's expected in a new tank, I'm getting tired of scraping the glass every other day. So, anyone have suggestions to what else would be useful in the tank? Must be reef safe!

You can still add many more snails.Nerites,ceriths and trochus would be great.I''m not sure if the bumblebee snails are good algae cleaners.Some are saying they actually do nothing for algae but instead strip the sand of fauna.You already have a sand sifting goby so that shouldn't be a concern.

I have bumblebee snails in my tank. Some people say that they eat corals as well. There seems to be mixed feelings about these snails in the reefing community. I have never had a problem with any of mine, and mine are all 5+ years old.

I like more hermit crabs. And biff if you will remember I had an issue with Sally Lightfoot crabs eating fish. I had some disapear on me. Put the Sally Lightfoot in the sump and no more fish disappeared.

Still I like having lots of Hermits. They are fun to watch and they eat a bunch of junk. Just have lots of shells so they dont kill your snails

Back