whats the best way ?

Normally when the water currents are not sufficient the corals will collect algae. you need to increase the water movement just past the coral not directly on it at a sufficient speed to create chaotic water movement all around the coral. the coral should wax off the algae (slough off the algae).

John,

I have heard that these are rather hard to keep. Is that true? Also can't you clean and isn't it recomended that you clean any algea off by had that the water movement doesn't get? Just curious.

WHAT , I have read somtimes can be stubborn but on enternet everwhere says good for begginers and for experinced but the only problem that Ive came across is that my fish seem to pick on it a little but dosent seem to bother it to much Im about to take the two of the three fish I have and try something new maybe more easy going or less aggressive towards my corals but, another thing is alge growth on it if you don't clean of alge could deterate(sorry can't spell)the outter layer or skin, but simple to clean ,soft new tooth brush seems to do the trick. IN all I think quit nice looking with or without polps showing . One other thing I really didn't like about the coral is that its nonsybolic( I think thats the word ) and only lives 1 to 2 yrs in captivity but I could be wrong I read to many books at once so sometimes I get two diffrent opinions. but its a nice coral and Ill keep u up to dated If you would like about any changes or deaths even though I have not killed anything yet(knock on wood).

There are several if not more opinions on the subject of algae on corals. personally if the coral cannot slough off the algae on its own something is not right in the system for that particular coral and a a little help may be needed. I just have a problem with intervening continuously. If once cleaned it handles it itself and only an very occasional cleaning assistance is needed, then it may be very well worth the effort. good luck. and yes keep us posted on your project.

So far Ive added two power heads to make more circulation seems to be doing quit well if I could find some glue trust worthy to put into my tank. to keep my gorgonian in open area so current can hit,also if anyone is intrested in keeping a gorgonian make sure your aqurium has really good circulation.Thinking about another one if this one survives at least 6 months maybe another type . since Ive had it I would say its became twice as bright since Ive bought . o yea Im a father OF TWO mushrooms since I upped my circulation mushrooms are lovin it .mushrooms have spread open to over six inches . $$$$$$$$$$CANT THANK YOU ENOUGH$$$$$$$$$

i've had mine about 2 years now. when i first got it it started dying so i cut it with a razer and glued the living pieses in holes in the live rock. i try to keep them in the center of the tank because i have 2 viaqua 480 power heads in the front corners. this keeps them moving and algae from growing on them. every once in a while while my hands are in the tank i'll clean them with my fingers anything on them comes right off.

WHEN YOU USE GLUE HOW EXACTLY DO YOU APPLY THE GLUE DO YOU APPLY UNDER WATER OR DO YOU TAKE WHAT EVER YOU ARE GLUEING OUT OF THE WATER? SORRY IF ASKED STUPID QUESTION :frustrat:

In order for the coral to wax off or produce the mucus for waxing or feeding the lighting must be correct for the coral. so if the circulation is doing the job great. if you continue to have problems, research the lighting needs of this coral and try to provide at least the min. requried. good luck have fun sounds like you have improved your situation. keep us posted. and if you get a chance pics please. HAPPY HOLIDAYS.

Doing just fine in the area its at right now keeping alge off :bounce: insept in the areas holding its self up but hopfully when I glue it will solve this problem,thanks for all the information.

HAVE SOME HARD CHOICES TO MAKE I GUESS I FOUND OUT THE HARD WAY BUT ITS HARD TO KEEP HIGH CURRENT CORALS WITH LOW CURRENT CORALS BECASE WHEN CURRENTS ARE HIGH MY MUSHROOMS ARE UN HAPPY AND WHEN CURRENT IS LOW ALGE GROWS ON MY YELLOW TREE GORG. JOHN WHAT DO YOU THINK I SHOULD DO GET RID OF TREE OR DO YOU THINK THERES AN ALTERNATIVE WHICH I DOUGHT CONSIDERING THE SIZE OF MY AQURIUM(WISH I HAD A LARGER AQURUIM).WWJD BUT HOPEFULLY THERE IS :grumble:

you are experiancing a situation that a lot of hobbist face. system is fine for some and not fine for others. at this point the easiest thing to do is to decide which side you want to go with, strong water current or lighter water currents and then convert your system to a species tank. the more difficult way is to play with your pumps, until you find the most optimum currents for all your charges. depending on how your system is set up, this may not be possible for all. different pumps that move water but not hard lenear streams. sorry no hard fast rules here. naturally a larget system would be more forgiving. keep us posted on what you decide it will be your choice on which way you want to go. once you chose the type of corals you want to keep, then research their needs and make sure your system can provide what they need and 1stly are they compatible with what you already have. good luck. keep us posted.

I GUESS IT IS JUST PLAIN AND SIMPLE IM GOIN TO GET RID OF YELLOW TREE GOOD THING I ONLY PAID 8 DOLLARS FOR IT GOT A GUY THAT SEEMS TO THINK THIS ARE VERY EXPENSIVE 50-100 IM TRYING TO TELL HIM I WOULD LET HIM BUY FOR 20 BUCKS BUT HE DOSENT WANT TO PAY THAT MUCH HE THINKS I GUESS IM STUPID OR SOMETHING SO I GUESS ILL LET HEM PAY WHAT EVER HE THINKS IS RIGHT WHICH HE THINKS ITS WORTH 75 DOLLARS (WHATS HE THINKING!!!!!!!!!!)ABVOUSLY NOT CHEAP.I GUESS THIS ISN'T A GOOD HOBBY INNLESS YOU CAN TAKE ADVISE AND USE IT .BUT GOOD FOR WHAT EVER I DECIDE TO PUT IN AS THE REPLACEMENT SPOT ANYONE HAVE ANY GOOD IDEAS OR MAYBE SOMETHING THEY ARE SALINE THAT IS GOOD BETWEEN 78-79 DIGRESS AND LIKES LOW TO MODERATE FLOW AND NO STINGIN TINCALS? . :shock:

Back