What's the next fish??

Steveg229

Addicted
As of this weekend I have to get rid of my Flame angel as he has decided to start picking at some of my corals... I had to try one at least. I do not know what fish to get to replace him. Any suggestions?

Current stock list for 90 Gallon:

Yellow tang
Blue tang
2 clowns
royal gramma
Christmas wrasse
pink spot goby

I want something a different color than current fish... or was pondering a trio of something...3 black and white chromis? or 3 anthias? ???????

This past weekend I added a trio of Lyretail Anthias and they have been a great addition. Lots of color, like being out front and plenty of movement around the tank. My mimic tang had a go at them the first day but they have established themselves very quickly. The male even put the saddleback clowns in their place.:)

Keep in mind that Anthias need frequent feedings. 3-4 per day. I don't personally have experience with them, but I think they look nice and add movement and colour from what I've seen.

I am thinking either a purple tile fish, trio of anthias, or trio of black and white chromis?? I can't make up my mind...anyone have experience with any of these fish?? any thoughts on the chromis??

I'm leaning towards 3 bicolor, black and white, chromis. With my semi-aggressive tank, will these chromis do ok? What do you think??

Last edited:
Just to play devil's advocate in case you haven't purchased those damsels yet, a hawkfish could be a really cool addition. A long nose, spotted, or arc eye would grow to a decent size. My old arc eye would even swim to the top of the tank knowing I was the main source of food. Don't know what kind of inverts, if any you have, I only rehomed mine because I wanted shrimp to go full reef.

I have not purchased anything yet. I did catch the flame angel and bring him in saturday. My LFS is going to look into ordering my next fish, whatever it may be. I will make my decision this week. I have pondered the thought of a hawkfish as well, but i do have a couple cleaner shrimp that i dont want to part with. Decisions, decisions....

Back