What's Up With My Devil's Armor Palys?

SaltwaterNoob17

Reefing newb
My Devil's Armor Palys have been looking kinda funny the past couple of days. Today they look really bad. The polyps are all pointy-shaped, and some polyps are closed. Anyone know what's wrong with them?

Parameters:
Temp: 79
Salinity: 1.0245
Ammonia: 0 ppm
Nitrates: <5 ppm
Alkalinity: 10 dkh
Calcium: 380 ppm

Pic:
DSC04394.jpg

It looks like they are cold! :rofl:

Have you noticed any bugs or pests on them? I'm not sure about the pointiness, but maybe doing a dip would help if something is causing them to stay closed.

It looks like they are cold! :rofl:

Have you noticed any bugs or pests on them? I'm not sure about the pointiness, but maybe doing a dip would help if something is causing them to stay closed.

I don't think they're cold. :roll:

I haven't seen any bugs or anything, so I'm not sure a dip is what it needs (plus, it's glued down to the LR which makes a dip tough). The center of some of the polyps right now are protruding, opening, and excreting bits of stringy brown stuff!? :dunno: WTH???

I haven't seen any bugs or anything, so I'm not sure a dip is what it needs (plus, it's glued down to the LR which makes a dip tough). The center of some of the polyps right now are protruding, opening, and excreting bits of stringy brown stuff!? :dunno: WTH???

Sounds like they're pooping.

Here's the same pic again, but I've circled some stuff.

Red: See how the center of the paly is open?!

Blue: That's the bits of stringy brown stuff that the polyps are excreting...

DSC04394edited.jpg

They could have picked up what you you feed the fish, and they are :pooh:ing right now.

Back